Bexar County traffic attorney
Bexar County traffic attorney Talamantez & Volkman can be reached at 210-349-6000, to provide legal assistance associated with traffic citations. Law enforcement agencies in Texas take driving violations very seriously. Many people choose to ignore a ticket or forget that one was issued. Unfortunately, the consequences of ignoring traffic tickets can be harsh. Simply pleading guilty or no contest also opens the door for highly undesirable outcomes. By contacting experienced Bexar County traffic attorneys Talamantez & Volkman, you will have experienced legal representation. Our goal is to prevent traffic violations from being associated with your driving record.
Possible negative consequences of traffic convictions include employment difficulties, a warrant for your arrest being issued, costly annual surcharges, and suspension or revocation of your driver’s license.
License suspension, revocation, and cancellation
Motorists are often surprised to find that their traffic convictions have led to loss of driving privileges. Contact Bexar County traffic attorneys Talamantez & Volkman if you have been cited for a traffic violation. The sooner you call us at 210-349-6000, the better the chances we have of building a strong case that could prove your innocence. It makes sense to hire qualified lawyers, when you realize that your license could possibly be cancelled, revoked, or suspended. The following is more information about the three types of lost driving privileges:
- Driver’s license suspensions occur when driving privileges or drivers’ licenses are withdrawn temporarily for a definite and specific period of time. Contact Talamantez & Volkman, Bexar County traffic attorneys, for experienced legal representation.
- License revocations occur when drivers’ licenses or driving privileges are terminated for an unspecified period of time. A revoked driver’s license can only be restored when all requirements for revocation have been satisfied. A qualified Bexar County traffic attorney knows how to speed the process at its quickest possible pace.
- Cancelled licenses occur when driving privileges or drivers’ licenses are withdrawn until the driver is able to requalify.
It’s difficult to get by without personal transportation, but driving without a valid license is against the law and can result in incarceration. In addition to the inconvenience, license suspension can have an effect on employment.
Reasons for a driver’s license suspension
There are different scenarios that can result in suspension of your driver’s license. It’s good to talk to a skilled Bexar County traffic attorney, if you have questions or if you have been cited for a traffic violation. The following are instances in which drivers’ licenses in Texas are temporarily suspended:
- When four or more separate traffic citations and convictions have occurred within a 12-month period of time.
- When seven or more separate traffic citations and convictions have occurred within a 24-month period of time.
- When there have been two or more traffic convictions specifically for driving in violation of your driver’s license restrictions.
There are some traffic convictions in Texas which immediately result in loss of driving privileges. Contact Talamantez & Volkman, Bexar County traffic attorneys, when facing any of the following charges:
- Failing to stop and render aid. This is also sometimes known as a hit-and run offense.
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI).
- Driving an automobile without a valid driver’s license.
- Being in possession of or displaying a fictitious or altered identification card or driver’s license.
- Failing to comply with all of the terms of a traffic citation issued by another state that is a member of the 1977 Nonresident Violator Compact.
- Driving negligently or recklessly on a habitual basis.
Before making a decision on how to handle traffic tickets, it’s best to give consideration to all options. It’s possible you could avoid loss of driving privileges with the help of qualified Bexar County traffic attorney Talamantez & Volkman.