CDL Ticket Lawyer San Antonio
CDL ticket lawyer San Antonio at Talamantez & Volkman can be reached at 210-349-6000. Our goal for all of our San Antonio and Bexar County clients is keeping violations off of your commercial driving record. We will help you fight your traffic tickets because penalties on motorists with a commercial driver’s license (CDL) are much stricter than on other drivers. There are a number of CDL disqualifications. With the help of a qualified CDL ticket lawyer in San Antonio at Talamantez & Volkman, you have the best chance of successfully fighting any traffic-related allegations against you.
Contact your CDL ticket lawyer in San Antonio if you have been cited for an alleged traffic violation. There are many offenses that can get you disqualified as a commercial driver for a period of time or even for life. The following are examples of traffic convictions that result in the loss of your CDL.
You will lose your CDL for a minimum of one year for a first offense of:
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) when your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is .04% or higher.
- Operating a commercial motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
- Refusing to submit to blood alcohol testing after being pulled over by a member of law enforcement.
- Operating a CMV while under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Fleeing the scene of a crash that involves a commercial motor vehicle. Contact your CDL ticket lawyer in San Antonio without hesitation if you are accused of a hide-and-run offense.
- Committing a felony that involves the use of a CMV.
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle when your commercial driver’s license is suspended.
- Through the negligent operation of a commercial motor vehicle, causing a fatality.
You will lose your CDL for a minimum of three years if any of the above offenses occur while you are operating a commercial motor vehicle that is placarded for hazardous materials.
For a second offense, you will lose your CDL for life.
If you use a commercial motor vehicle to commit a felony that involves controlled substances, you will lose your CDL for life.
Traffic Violations Classified as “Serious”
If you are accused of a serious traffic violation, contact Talamantez & Volkman, your CDL ticket lawyer in San Antonio. If you commit two serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle within a three-year period, you will lose your CDL for a minimum of 60 days. If you are found guilty of committing three or more serious traffic violations involving a CMV within a three-year-period, you will lose your CDL for at least 120 days. The following are examples of serious traffic violations:
- Excess speeding, which is 15 miles per hour or more above the posted speed limit
- Reckless driving
- Improper lane changes
- Erratic lane changes
- Following too closely behind the vehicle in front of you
- Traffic offenses committed while using a commercial motor vehicle and involving a traffic fatality
- Driving a CMV without first obtaining a CDL or driving without a CDL in your possession
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle without the proper endorsements and/or class of CDL
How a CDL ticket lawyer in San Antonio Can Help
As a commercial driver, you may already realize that it’s important to hire an experienced CDL ticket lawyer in San Antonio if you receive a traffic citation. As experienced attorneys with a focus on handling traffic cases, Talamantez & Volkman offers knowledge about not only the process but also about local officials and defense attorneys and how they prefer to handle cases. We investigate all facts surrounding the traffic offense you’re accused of.
Contact us at Talamantez & Volkman for the best CDL ticket lawyer San Antonio.