Traffic Ticket Attorney San Antonio
Traffic ticket attorney San Antonio Talamantez & Volkman is available to represent you when you have been cited for an alleged traffic offense. Don’t hesitate to call us at 210-349-6000 when charged with a traffic violation. One of the most serious traffic offenses is driving while intoxicated (DWI). Your best defense by your traffic ticket attorney in San Antonio is possible when you call promptly so that the case can be fully investigated. You can dispute any type of charge that may be brought against you, including driving while intoxicated.
Driving Behaviors that Suggest Impairment
Law enforcement officers often pull drivers over because their driving behavior is a possible sign of impairment. Contact Talamantez & Volkman, traffic ticket attorney in San Antonio, because each part of your case will be examined, including an officer’s reasoning for pulling you over. Some of the behaviors that are considered to be indications that a particular driver may be impaired include:
- Drifting within the lane, from one side to the other
- Weaving back and forth between lanes of traffic
- Driving at a much slower speed than the posted speed limit
- Coming close to striking a person or object with an automobile
- Straddling the line between two lanes of traffic
- Swerving to correct the course of an automobile
- Driving with the tires situated over the center lines of the roadway
- Braking erratically
- Making a turn either too widely or too narrowly
The Implied Consent Law in Texas
When you drive in Texas, you are subject to the “implied consent” law that you will agree to one or more tests being taken of your blood or breath, when pulled over on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. The purpose of the tests is to determine your blood alcohol concentration (BAC). If you are pulled over because an officer had probable cause to believe you were operating an automobile or boat while intoxicated, contact Talamantez & Volkman, your traffic ticket attorney in San Antonio. There are many negative consequences of a DWI conviction.
What is a DWI?
Driving while intoxicated means that a person is driving while drunk. Call Talamantez & Volkman, your traffic ticket attorney in San Antonio, as soon as possible if you are charged with a DWI. The BAC is used to determine whether or not a driver is too intoxicated to safely drive an automobile. The BAC limits in Texas are:
- For drivers ages 21 years old and older: 0.08% BAC
- For commercial drivers: 0.04% BAC
- For drivers younger than 21 years of age: Any detectable amount of alcohol in the system
Alcohol consumption affects you according to various factors, including: how many alcoholic beverages you’ve had, your body weight, your gender, and the amount of time it took you to drink the alcohol that’s in your system.
The fees, penalties, and other punishments resulting from a DWI conviction can be devastating. What you need is a traffic ticket attorney in San Antonio like Talamantez & Volkman because we have the experience to handle your case with skill and expertise. It’s possible to fight an accusation of drunk driving and win. Common penalties for drinking while intoxicated include:
- Expensive fines and surcharges. Annual surcharges for a first conviction of DWI are $1,000. For second and subsequent DWI convictions, the annual surcharge is $1,500. If convicted of a DWI in which the BAC was .16% or more, the surcharge is $2,000 annually, and you should contact your traffic ticket attorney in San Antonio without delay.
- License suspension or revocation.
- Community service.
- Imprisonment is possible, even on a first charge.
- DWI intervention and education programs.
- Higher auto insurance costs, depending on who provides your insurance.
Contact Talamantez & Volkman, your traffic ticket attorney San Antonio, at 210-349-6000 for help with a DWI case or representation on any other type of traffic citation.