Speeding ticket attorney San Antonio
Speeding ticket attorney San Antonio Talamantez & Volkman aims to keep your driving record clear. Many people think of traffic tickets as little more than frustrating inconveniences, but they can be very costly. It’s even possible to lose driving privileges, if too many points for driving violations are assigned to your driver’s license. When you contact us as Talamantez & Volkman to represent you in a traffic case, we provide a lot more than a legal strategy for lessening negative consequences. We also do more than escort you to court hearings. As an experienced speeding ticket attorney in San Antonio, we review all related facts applicable to the incident. We speak to any witnesses that may be available. In addition, we assess the reasons a law enforcement official pulled you over. It is always our goal to achieve a dismissal, whenever possible. If you are ticketed for speeding, call Talamantez & Volkman at 210-349-6000.
How Serious is a Speeding Ticket?
Contact Talamantez & Volkman, speeding ticket attorney in San Antonio, if you get a ticket for speeding. Particularly if you already have a speeding conviction, you can expect that your insurance rates will increase significantly. You could also end up with a suspended driver’s license. Anyone with a commercial driver’s license (CDL) should waste no time contacting us at Talamantez & Volkman because driving is your livelihood. We will fight to prevent you from facing negative consequences.
Excessive speeding is in a separate category from simply speeding. Excessive speeding occurs when a motorist travels 15 miles per hour or more above the posted speed limit. This is classified as a serious traffic violation, and you should contact a speeding ticket attorney in San Antonio as soon as possible. The following are additional examples of serious traffic violations:
- Driving recklessly
- Committing a traffic violation involving a fatality while driving a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)
- Changing lanes improperly
- Changing lanes erratically
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle without a commercial driver’s license
- Driving a CMV without a CDL in your possession
Loss of Driving Privileges
Contact speeding ticket attorney in San Antonio Talamantez & Volkman if you are a commercial driver and have received a speeding ticket. Speeding can result in the loss of a commercial driver’s license in the following circumstances:
- If you commit two serious traffic violations or one violation of law that involves regulation of the operation of an automobile at a railroad grade crossing within three years, you could lose your Texas CDL for a minimum of 60 days and should seek out a speeding ticket attorney in San Antonio.
- If you commit three serious violations or two legal violations that involve the regulation of the operation of a vehicle at a railroad crossing within a three-year period, your commercial driver’s license could be suspended for a minimum of 120 days.
- If you are convicted of three violations of law involving the regulation of the operation of an automobile at a railroad grade crossing within a three-year period, your commercial driver’s license could be suspended for a minimum of one year, but a speeding ticket attorney in San Antonio could help.
Occupational driver’s license
If you are not a commercial driver and your license has been suspended in connection with speeding, a speeding ticket attorney in San Antonio could help you get an occupational driver’s license. An occupational license is also called an essential need license. It is a restricted driver’s license that can be issued to individuals whose driver’s license has been suspended, denied, or revoked for certain traffic offenses. Loss of driving privileges for medical reasons or because of delinquent child support are exceptions.
Contact Talamantez & Volkman, speeding ticket attorney San Antonio, at 210-349-6000 for legal representation.