Traffic attorney San Antonio
Traffic attorney San Antonio Talamantez & Volkman has the goal of keeping any violation from appearing on your driving record. The consequences of traffic convictions are costly. There are times when you can have traffic citations dismissed. There are also times, unfortunately, when you can lose your driving privileges or even be arrested in connection with traffic citations. Other negative consequences include mandatory surcharges, higher insurance rates, and employment problems. If you live in Bexar County, contact traffic attorney in San Antonio Talamantez & Volkman at 210-349-6000 for legal representation and the opportunity to have the best possible outcome for your case.
Traffic ticket dismissal
As your traffic attorney in San Antonio, we always seek to have charges against you dismissed. There are certain circumstances in which steps need to be followed to have a traffic citation kept off of your driving record.
The county court in which you received a traffic citation is ultimately who makes the decision regarding whether or not you are eligible for a ticket dismissal. By hiring a traffic attorney in San Antonio, you can be confident of what to expect and will know whether or not you should be eligible.
Ineligibility for dismissal of a Texas traffic ticket
The following factors make you ineligible for dismissal of your ticket:
- If you are the driver of a commercial motor vehicle and have a commercial driver’s license.
- If you have already had a traffic ticket dismissed by taking a defensive driving course within the past 12 months.
- If you refuse to plead “no contest,” you will not be eligible for a ticket dismissal. You cannot get credit for a defensive driving course and have your ticket dismissed if you plead not guilty.
- If you received a speeding ticket for driving more than 25 miles per hour over the posted speed limit, you should contact a traffic attorney in San Antonio. In this case, you are not eligible for ticket dismissal.
Eligibility for dismissal of a Texas traffic ticket
You are only eligible for dismissal of a traffic citation in certain instances, as shown above. The following must apply to you: You must have a valid driver’s license or permit and you were not charged for driving violations classified as serious. The following are examples of serious traffic violations: fleeing the scene of an accident; driving recklessly; driving over the speed limit within a school zone; passing improperly; and changing lanes improperly. It is highly recommended that you contact a traffic attorney in San Antonio if you have received a traffic ticket for a serious violation.
Steps to take if you are eligible for traffic ticket dismissal:
- Present the following items to the court, whether in person or by mail: Your driver’s license or driving permit; proof of current auto liability insurance; payment to cover court costs; and forms requesting a defensive driving course.
- Complete an approved defensive driving course within the time frame given, which is usually a 90-day period.
- Present the court with an official state-certified certificate of completion and an official state-certified driver record.
Occupational driver’s license
Another type of reprieve that you can get is an occupational driver’s license, if your license has been suspended. Of course, it’s best to contact your traffic attorney in San Antonio to try to avoid a serious driving conviction that results in license suspension.
An occupational driver’s license, also referred to as a special need license, helps drivers whose license has been suspended by allowing them to drive in certain circumstances. A restricted license can sometimes be obtained in order to get to and from work, go to school activities, and for the performance of essential household duties.
Contact us at Talamantez & Volkman today for experienced legal representation. Contact your traffic attorney in San Antonio at 210-349-6000.