Traffic Ticket Attorneys San Antonio
Traffic ticket attorneys San Antonio Talamantez & Volkman, available at 210-349-6000, can provide skilled legal representation for any type of traffic citation. It is especially important to contact a qualified lawyer when facing allegations for driving while intoxicated (DWI), a traffic warrant, a Class C misdemeanor ticket, a drug and alcohol ticket, or other serious situations. When Talamantez & Volkman are your traffic ticket attorneys in San Antonio, the goal of your lawyers is to keep any and all violations off of your driving record.
For most traffic convictions, points are assessed against your driving record. The costs associated with surcharges are more reasons to contact traffic ticket attorneys in San Antonio. When points accumulate on your driver record, you could face mandatory surcharges. These charges are imposed and payable to the Department of Public Safety (DPS), and they are owed annually. The number of years points are assigned to your license depends on the type of conviction.
Regardless of how many points have accumulated, some surcharges are automatic, including the following:
- An automatic $100 surcharge is assigned to a driver convicted of driving without a valid driver’s license.
- An automatic $250 surcharge is imposed on a driver who is found guilty of driving without the required liability auto insurance.
- An automatic $250 surcharge is imposed on drivers who drive when their license has been suspended or revoked or who have an invalid license.
- On a first conviction for DWI, the automatic surcharge is $1,000. Contact qualified traffic ticket attorneys in San Antonio Talamantez & Volkman, if you are cited for DWI.
- For second or subsequent DWI convictions, the automatic annual surcharge is $1,500.
- An automatic $2,000 surcharge is imposed on a driver who has been found guilty of DWI with a BAC of .16% or higher.
More about DWI Penalties
A DWI is a serious charge with harsh penalties in Texas. Contact Talamantez & Volkman, traffic ticket attorneys in San Antonio, if you are cited for a DWI. There are numerous penalties that go along with a DWI conviction; contact your experienced traffic ticket attorneys in San Antonio, Talamantez & Volkman. Common penalties associated with a DWI include:
- Fines and surcharges, which will also include court costs and applicable attorney fees.
- Suspension or revocation of your driver’s license.
- Community service.
- Imprisonment is very possible, including on a first offense.
- DWI intervention programs and education may be required.
- You may be subject to much higher auto liability insurance premiums.
DWI Penalties for Minors
In Texas, there is a Zero Tolerance Law for minors as regards drinking and driving. Drivers who are under 21 years of age are not permitted to have alcohol in their systems, at any level. Any minor who has been cited for DWI should have the representation of qualified traffic ticket attorneys in San Antonio Talamantez & Volkman, to ensure the best possible outcome of the case.
On a first DWI offense, minors in Texas face the following penalties:
- A fine not to exceed $500.
- License suspension for a period not to exceed one year.
- Attending an Alcohol Education Program that is at least 12 hours in length.
- If the Alcohol Education Program is not completed, an additional 180 days of license suspension is imposed.
- If a judge allows for community service, license suspension can be for as little as 90 days. This involves the use of an ignition interlock device. Once ordered, there is a 30-day period in which the device must be installed before a minor’s driver’s license is canceled by the Department of Public Safety. The ignition interlock device must be installed by a location approved for devices and installation.
Contact Talamantez & Volkman, your traffic ticket attorneys San Antonio, for skilled legal representation.